posted in 2012-05-11
The training took place the 2nd and 3rd of May in Trade Union-Unión General de Trabajadores (UGT) venues, located in C/ Arquitecto Mora, 7, Valencia (Spain).
Ten participants were trained on how to hold workshops in their communities using the methodology and the learning materials developed by the INTEGRA project. Among the participants were representatives from different migrants associations involving communities from Morocco, Senegal, Mali and Cameroon.
The ten hours programme was structured in six units, divided in two training sessions of five hours each:
- Unit 1: Introducing what the representatives are aiming to accomplish during the training
- Unit 2: Website Training for the Representatives
- Unit 3: Representatives practice facilitating under supervision drama games and exercises from workshops 1 to 5 of the Language Skills Workshops
- Unit 4: Representatives themselves practice running or facilitating under supervision a short version of workshops Two and Three from the Language Skills workshops.
- Unit 5: Representatives themselves practice running or facilitating under supervision a short version of Workshops Four, Five and Six
- Unit 6: Reflection on overall training activity
The participants in the workshop were very motivated and interested in the trainings and the project. They expressed their interest in preparing workshops for final beneficiaries in their associations.